Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIAW #28 - It's been too long

Hello fellow What I Ate Wednesday party-ers! And hello to those who are not WIAW party-ers!  According to my records, the last time I partied was back in October!  It's been way too long!  I'm really trying to focus on my food this month and I'm tracking calories.  That being said I am happy to say that I am actually proud of my eats today (even though they don't live up to the green theme)! Check it out and see what you think:





Breakfast:

I have had a seriously craving for bagels lately. This may or may not be Jenn's fault ;) Anyway Mike and I went shopping while I was starving, which is always a bad idea.  I bought two packages of Bagel Thins. Everything and Cinnamon Raisin.  I have been having them like every morning with cream cheese and today was no exception.  It's like the best breakfast ever!

[no photo]

I continued my breakfast after my workout, with one link of Erkrich Farms Cheddar sausage and a raspberry Nutrigrain bar.

Lunch:

I finally made myself a smoothie! I've been wanting to incorporate smoothies into my diet as another way to get fruits and veggies in me.  Usually I would say especially veggies, as they are the hardest for me to meet the daily requirement.  However lately my diet has been void of fruits.  This smoothie helped that by having 1/2 a frozen banana, some frozen mixed berries, plus plain no fat Greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder and a little vanilla almond milk. Oh and the smoothie has a reusable green lid and straw! How's that for green?!

Snack:
 [no photo]

My own 100 calorie snack pack of salted peanuts!

Dinner:
Birthplace

I forgot to take a photo of my actual food because I was too busy stuffing my face, but here's a stock photo. Morning Star Farm's Griller on a white bun (lame.  I don't know why I bought white instead of wheat), with sweet pickle relish and mustard and a side of canned pears in 100% juice!

So what I did pretty good right?! I am happy with it.  Don't forget to go visit Jenn's party, meet some new friends and get some yummy food ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment