Friday, January 6, 2012

Hold it for the Holidays Weigh In & Junk Food Sickness

You may remember back in November I signed up for a weight management contest at work, called Hold it for the Holidays. I was weighed before Thanksgiving and could only gain 2 lbs throughout the holiday season.  I paid $10 as incentive. If you gained more than 2lbs you lose your money.

Source




I lost my money.

I gained 4.3lbs. I guess that's not a lot, but I am disappointed. I didn't try like I should have. I just basically ate whatever I felt like eating. It's ridiculous. Here I have this healthy living blog and I don't even practice what I preach.

This past Tuesday was Mike's and my four year anniversary (of dating, not marriage). We spent a lot of time together this weekend, which was awesome, but also bad because we ate out a bunch and ate a bunch of bad food. And let me tell you, by last night I felt terrible. I think I was on a major sugar and junk food overload. I had a bad headache all evening, was also tired and just overall felt bad. On Saturday, Mike and I had homemade quesdillas for dinner with a side of broccoli. I felt really good that night. This weekend brought me the reality of the effects food has on someone.


Today is basically my detox day. I'm still not feeling all that great this morning, but I'm going to push through.  I'm going to the gym, I'm going to Zumba class and I have errands to run and chores to do in between.  I'm going to eat right today, drink lots of water and not sit until later tonight. Hopefully by time Castle comes on (The only show I watch weekly - LOVE IT), I'll be feeling better.

Source  
Sitting in a snug in a blanket watching my favorite TV show sounds like a perfect ending to a productive day.  I am going to make sure I have one!  As I normally say, ready, set go!

P.S. A goal update will come later today or more likely tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I would venture to say that 4.3 pounds over the holidays is not to shabby! That's half the fun of it! : )


    Sounds like you're getting back on track tho!!

    ReplyDelete