Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIAW #24 - Tuesday is easier?

Well today, we are going to do What I Ate Tuesday.  I'm going out of town this weekend and I have been a busy social butterfly every day after work, so between getting ready for the va-ca and socializing there's not much time for other things and it was easier to do Tuesday this week...and believe it or not, even though today was easier - I only have two pictures! Blah....





Breakfast:
Delicious bowl of cereal and soy milk, a blueberry Chobani Greek yogurt, orange mango Crystal Light and my vitamins.

Lunch:

Homemade Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo with Smart Pasta noodles 1/2 plain and 1/2 veggie noodles.  We also used Ragu alfredo sauce, one normal jar and one less fat jar.  Steamed cauliflower, carrots and broccoli (yes more broccoli. It is a super food after all).

I also tried an Argo Tea.  It's brand new on campus, but we at the library have known about Argo for a while because when we get our new building next summer - they are going to have the cafe in it.  My thoughts on the tea?  Pretty good.  Firstly it has all good ingredients, nothing that I couldn't pronounce or didn't know what it was!  The jar it comes in, is glass with that cool green top, so it's totally reusable!!  The flavor - I think it's a little heavier on the tea flavor than the fruit accent, but overall I thought it was pretty good.  Pricing, it's a bit more expensive, but you get that awesome reusable jar, plus it's not full of crap, just good ingredients. Your health is worth it!

Dinner:

We had a faculty and staff picnic. I forgot to take a picture until I had almost everything wolfed down, but here is what I had: OH! You should know that it was a 50s themed picnic and that the food was in mini sizes, so I didn't pig out quite as badly as it seems, but I still did pig out. Okay the food: Peggy Sue Mac and Cheese (Pictured. My fave out of everything I ate), Buddy Holly Chopped Cobb Salad, Marilyn Monroe Patty Melt, Sammy's Veggie Dog with Mango Relish, and Norma Jean Chicken Philly (Pictured. Also very good). Dessert was I Love Lucy Cream Pie and The Jackie Gleason Chocolate Chunk Cookie.  I also had a glass of wine a few beers. The beers were not mini ;)

I had a great time listening to the classic music played by a live band and spending time with co-workers outside of work!  Some of us even got our picture taken with a classic car.  If I ever get a copy of it, I'll have to share.

Summer Staples:
So if you didn't guess from the Peas and Crayons banner at the start of this post, we are supposed to be focusing on summer staples.  Out of this post, since it was an odd dinner, really my only summer staple is cereal.  Since it's hot, I don't like to eat oatmeal and it's been abnormally hot this summer.  However now it is abnormally cool, so maybe I'll get back on the oatmeal train.

Well that's about it.  I have had a few major events lately, so I'll try to do a recap post next week. Go visit Jen and see everyone else's eats! After all this is a party, so we should all make new friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment