Sunday, July 29, 2012

From or Towards the Plan

What have I learned this week?  One small jag from or towards the plan can make a big difference.

[FROM]On Thursday I was having a very stressful day and I wanted chocolate.  Pair my stressful day with it being the time of the month when I really want chocolate, the craving was too much to ignore. Rather than just get a small candy bar, I went full force into chocolate mode:



Oh yes that is a double chocolate milk and a king size twix.  And yes I ate it all in one sitting.  It's tasted pretty good, but I felt a little sick afterwards.  Then I added it to MYFitnessPal and I felt really sick.

950 calories just from my snacks. 760 was from those two things you see pictured above.  Eating just two things took up half of my daily calories! Just a small caving into a craving caused so much damage. I'm not saying I shouldn't cave into my cravings once and a while, I think it helps prevent binging, but I am going to cave, I need to do that in moderation.  A small candy bar, or just the milk would've been plenty to curb the chocolate craving.

[TOWARDS]Yesterday was Saturday. The day I should be doing a more fun active, activity.  I had a few errands to run and lately I have been feeling guilty about the environmental impact I am making by driving everywhere all the time, so I decided to take the bus and ride my bike.

My bike waiting for the bus at The Rapid Central Station

I took the bus downtown and rode my bike to the farmers market, then rode my bike back to the bus station and took the bus to the library, then rode my bike home from the library.  According to Google maps it was about 6.9 miles and should've taken me 43 minutes.  I think it might have taken longer that that, but I added that into MyFitnessPal and found...

I burned about 200 calories from the bike riding!  Match that with eating right and I'm in the green for my calories intake/output for the day!!  I need to see if I can incorporate more activities like this into my daily life to help burn a few more calories here and there.

I'm leaving today to go to my favorite place in the world - Ludington, MI to camp at their gorgeous state park.  I'm so excited! I'm hoping to get at least one run in on the beach.

Sunset @ Ludington State Park. Can't wait to get back there!




No comments:

Post a Comment