Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Goal Check (Formally Weekly Update)

I don't like the title: Weekly Update, because isn't even post I make an update of some sort?  I am going to continue my weekly check on my goals, and hopefully be more consistent, but I'm going to call it my Goal Check.

But before we get to this week's Goal Check, an update in my life:






I'm officially a college graduate again!  This time with my Master's Degree in Library Science.  I can not tell you how happy am I to be done with school!  I'm 26 years old and have been going to school since I was 3 years old.  That's right, after my 5 year undergraduate degree, I just had the summer off and started my master's in the fall.  Needless to say, I'm a little brunt out on school work.  I'm excited to see where I start my first librarian job :)

Anyway...that's enough about that.  On to my Goal Check!

GOAL #1: Walk 10,000 steps a day
Here is what I walked this week:

Sunday: 5543
Monday: 5388
Tuesday: missing
Wednesday: 4973
Thursday: 10968
Friday: 14197
Saturday: missing

 I'm not exactly thrilled about this week's walking.  Out of the five days I have numbers for, I only met my goal twice. Time to step it up for next week!



GOAL #2: Eat healthier
Mostly I did okay on this.  I included veggies in most of my lunches and all my dinners this week. My down fall was Saturday, during which my mom, dad, boyfriend and friend drove to Detroit for my graduation.

A 2 1/2 hour car ride during which I had a Chai Latte and a blueberry muffin my friend bought me and a mini candy car from my mom.  When we got there we had Chicago style pizza - 1/2 spinach, chicken, and feta cheese; 1/2 meat eaters.  I had a piece of each and was overstuffed.  We stopped at this awesome pastry shop and on the way home I had a piece of pumpkin cheesecake and some juice.  Later that night my stomach was upset.  I felt like I had overstuffed myself and didn't have much of anything with a good nutritional value - although it all tasted fabulous!

 GOAL #3: Exercise
 I went to Zumba on Wednesday, so that was a good heart-pumping-sweaty-fun workout.  If you like dancing you HAVE to try Zumba!!

On Friday morning I played 30 minutes of Dance Central 2 for my xbox 360 and Kinect.  That game is pretty fun and can get your heart pounding, but I didn't really work up a sweat.  I didn't get to try the fitness mode yet, so I'll let you guys know how that works out.

(photo from: http://www.voxmagazine.com/blog/2011/10/game-on-notable-releases-for-the-week-of-1023/)


Have you tried any of the video games that make you move, like WII or Kinect?

No comments:

Post a Comment