Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pedometer

As you know one of my goals is to walk 10,000 steps a day. To track my steps, I was using the pedometer I got for free from work. I thought it wasn't working, but every time I looked at it and counted the steps for a few feet, it seemed to count good. However the other day, I walked for 1 1/2 hours while catching up on my phone with a friend, but by the end of the day I still only had 4,000 steps. I couldn't believe it!! I thought, "This is the last straw! I'm buying a new pedometer."

I went to my local store, picked up a new pedometer and then I wore both pedometers one on each hip for a few hours at work. On the free pedometer I had 410 steps. On the new pedometer I had 1223 steps. So all this time I have been struggling with reaching 10,000 steps, thinking to myself that I am not walking enough and it had been the equipment! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I'm very far short of beating the amount of steps I took last summer. With about a month left in the stepping challenge, I'm not sure if I can catch up, but I'm going to try!

The good news is that I was put into a prize drawing and won a $50.00 gift card for a local shoe store. Any recommendations on a good pair of running shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment