Monday, March 31, 2014

Kickin' it into High Gear

This year kicked off a year of me getting my life back into a better, healthier lifestyle after last years reversal of my healthy life.  Mike and I got a gym membership at a gym by our house and we were hoping to eat better.  It has been about 2.5 months since we started, so I thought it was time for some reflection.

Fitness:
We are doing okay with it.  Each week we are going to the gym on average 3 times a week.  However, if I am being honest with myself, I'm not doing as well as I could.  Some weeks I work out more than 3 times, but some days, I just don't feel like going and those weeks end up with less than 3 times.  I need to muscle through that so I can get working out 5 times a week.

Can't wait to start riding my bike!

Food:
We are doing okay-ish, this previous weekend excluded.  We have been eating home cooked meals, however they haven't been well rounded and sometimes we are just throwing stuff together, because I have no plan.  Ideally, I'd like to meal plan and cook things over the weekend so we are ready with healthy, balanced meals and snacks for the week.


Since both those are only going okay, the weigh loss is going worse than okay. I'm stuck at the same weigh from the end of February.  Very frustrating, so it's time to kick my health into high gear!  It's time to aim for five workouts a week.  It's time to make sure that I'm doing cardio and weigh lifting. It's time to meal plan and it's time to focus on eating balanced meals throughout the day.

Let's do this!!

How's your healthier year going?

No comments:

Post a Comment