Monday, July 11, 2011

Steps & Health Quiz

Steps
My job's health and wellness program has a health challenge ever summer called Summertime Steps. Participants wear a pedometer everyday to try to see how many steps they take throughout the summer. I believe the goal of the program is to be aware of how steps you are (or aren't) taking and try to increase it. My goal this summer was to beat the amount of steps I walked last summer. I don't have the number of steps I did last summer in front of me and I don't know how many I have done so far this year, but I know I'm not doing as well. Granted I have forgotten to wear it a couple times and I had a broken one on for a while but still. I need to step it up (no pun intended)!!

The coordinators of this program said we should be doing 10,000 steps a day. I have heard this number repeated in two or three other places, so since many health professionals are agreeing on 10,000 steps I believe this is a pretty solid number. My new goal for the rest of this summer is to try to get 10,000 steps a day. Today I got a measly 3,946! I need to get my walking shows on!

Health Quiz
I get the email newsletter from DoctorOz.com and today's newsletter had a very comprehensive health quiz in it. I think there are over 200 questions on it. It goes by very fast though and after the quiz there are videos to watch about each question, so if you selected yes, I have this symptom, you can learn what might be causing it. I would recommend to everyone taking Dr. Oz's quiz Quiz: How Healthy Are You?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment