Thursday, October 17, 2013

Enjoying Life

I thought after the wedding, Mike's and my life would be different.  I thought we'd spend lots of time together doing fun things.  Instead it seems that we are just as busy as before and time is slipping by while we sit by and watch.  I mean we have already been married over two months!  Before we know it, it will be Christmas.  In addition to trying to figure out our life as newly weds, I'm also trying to figure out a workout schedule again, while trying to maintain our apartment and cook healthy meals.



I've been pondering this for a few weeks and I know that I need to get into some kind of routine...some kind of schedule that will help me to get done what I want to get done.  It was more than that though.  Around the time I thinking about this I read a couple of my favorite blogs, that had posts that really spoke to me.




First was a post by Jenna at Eat, Live, Run.  Her post was about slowing down.  It was about taking time to enjoy your life.  This was exactly what I needed to hear! This is what Mike and I need to work on.  We need to try to slow down a bit.  Take time to take a walk, to enjoy a beer on our deck, or go on a date.  Spending time together, even doing small simple things like taking a walk is what we are missing in our relationship.  It was hard to see that, since we see each other every day, but just seeing each other is not the same as spending time together.  We are going to be working on doing more of that.

The second post is from one of my most favorite blogs, Back to Her Roots, by Cassie.  In her post she talked about making time for herself.  Making a plan to fit fitness, nutrition and self-care in her life.  It's exactly what I need to do.  I need to schedule in time during my week to work out, to make healthy lunches and dinners.



These two posts couldn't have come at a better time.  I'm going to work out a plan for my life; try to get some order in the chaos that I seem to be living.  As soon as I have a plan, I'll share it with you :)  I'm excited!

The world we live in is such a busy place, do you have any tricks to make everything fit in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment