Friday, February 6, 2015

Week 1 of 4

All right, so week one of the DietBet competition is done.  Unfortunately it's been a bit of a crazy week.  A couple projects for work were due and we had a death in the family, so between finishing up projects and spending time with family, it's only left a little bit of time to work out.  In addition to that I haven't been eating to well.  That said I did lose some weight:



0.7 lbs

I'm not thrilled about that, since I need to lose about a pound a week, but it's better than not losing anything. This week I'm going to try to really hard to make significant progress.

One benefit of participating in DietBet is that it is bringing my health back into the forefront of my mind.  Back when I was healthy, my health was considered multiple times a day. This is how it happen this week:
  • Late at night I was thirsty. I thought about drinking some juice, but I thought about the sugar and instead I had water. 
  • I'm a librarian so I spend most of my work day sitting.  This week I made sure to get up almost every hour and at least take a few steps, if not take a walk around the building. 
  • Lastly, a week ago, I had a super busy day.  Normally I would have just skipped working out, but because of DietBet, I squeezed in Joanna's 15 minute workout. 
    •  
In other news, this girl walked into the library the other day. She looked healthy and fit.  I thought, man I can't wait to get back to my healthy weight.  I don't want this change to be all about my weight. The most important thing it about my overall health, but I seriously can't wait to lose the weight.  I'm thinking back to us in Chicago, like in this picture.  This weight would be the best.


Have a happy, healthy week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment